Date: Oct 15, 2015
- Shayne Ramsay, CEO of BC Housing, Canada
- Ana Bailao, City Councillor, Toronto
- Derek Ballantyne, DKGI Inc.
- Paul Tennant, Group CEO, Orbit, UK & CIH Canada Chair
- Rick Farrell, General Manager, Housing York at York Region
Moderated by: Howie Wong, CEO, Housing Services Corporation
Time: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. This event includes dinner.
Location: Housing Services Corporation, 30 Duncan Street, Toronto ON. M5V 2C3
Cost: $45/person (dinner included)
HSC and CIH Canada hosted a unique and interactive event with housing leaders from across Canada. This event featured a panel of housing innovators, social entrepreneurs and risk takers that led a debate and lively discussion on how the sector can embrace entrepreneurship to thrive and support social goals.
The discussion addressed these bold questions:
• How can we foster new ventures, partnerships and risk taking?
• Should we diversify our business and how far should we go?
• What does it take to run our organizations as ‘profit with purpose’?
• How can we encourage creativity & rethink the rules while operating in a system that is historically risk adverse?
• How do we marry entrepreneurship with stewardship of a public asset?
• Will we make small improvements over time, or transform with large-scale change and new ways of doing business?