Date: November 17, 2015
Time: 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. EST
Presenter: Shayne Ramsay, CEO of BC Housing
BC Housing’s ground-breaking move to transfer 350 provincially-owned properties to non-profit housing providers is the first of its kind in Canada. It is a significant business transformation that will strengthen the BC’s non-profit housing sector by improving access to financing, while supporting long-term planning and self-reliance.
Join us for this unique opportunity to go in-depth with BC Housing’s Shayne Ramsay on the creation of a program to facilitate the stock transfer. He will share the nuts-and-bolts of the program, including its structure, goals and expected outcomes. During this webinar you will learn:
- The details and mechanics of the program
- Structural elements and requirements: policies, operating agreements and financial tools)
- Approaches and methods for assessing and selecting non-profit providers
- Frameworks for accountability and reporting
- Financing support and resources for non-profit providers
- The roles of BC Housing and non-profit providers
Click on the links to access the resources from this webinar.
During the webinar specific questions were asked by attendees. Most of these questions were addressed by the speaker; however additional notes have been compiled about the webinar and can be found here: Presentation Notes